$80 tire discount valid from 1/1/2024 - 12/31/2024
You are eligible to verify as Military personnel if you fall into the categories below:
- Active Duty:
Active Military Personnel in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, National Guard, Reservists Serving on Active Duty, and members of the Delayed Entry/Enlistment Program (DEP). This includes spouses and surviving spouses.
A military retiree is any member or former member of the uniformed services who is entitled, under statute, to retire or retirement (this typically requires 20 years of service). They will receive a pension as a retiree. This also includes those with a medical retirement.
- National Guard and Honor Guard:
These individuals would be eligible under the current branch of service that they serve (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard).
Must be on orders to deploy or a veteran.
Honorably discharged veterans are eligible. You may qualify for a special regional incentive regardless of separation date.
- Active Duty Reserve or Selected Reserve:
An individual of the Ready Reserve or Selected Reserve is required to complete a specified number of drill periods per year by reporting to their reserve unit and completing the prescribed training. They are also required to complete a two week period of job-specific training. They only become active when they get orders to deploy. These individuals have completed their term of service and are eligible as a Veteran or Retired Status for this promotion only. Some individuals may not be eligible because they have not completed their active status and have not achieved their Veteran status yet.
- Inactive Ready Reservists (IRR):
An individual assigned to the IRR typically receives no pay and is not obligated to drill, conduct annual training, or participate in any military activities (except for periodic Muster activities) until activated by Presidential Reserve Call up Authority or until electing to drill, train, or serve in a "Drill without Pay" or an "Active Duty" role. Having previously served or retired, they would be eligible as a Veteran or Active Status during this promotion only.
- Standby Reserve:
An individual that maintains their military affiliation without being in the Ready Reserve. The Standby Reserve consists of two components: the Active Status List and the Inactive Status List. For soldiers who do not choose whether or not to stay in the Active Reserve, they are added to the Standby reserve. Membership in the Standby Reserves is limited to one year, after which they must determine if they are transferring to the IRR or to an active drilling unit.
- State Guard:
Also known as State defense forces are military units that operate under the sole authority of the state government and they are partially regulated by the National Guard, but they are not a part of the US Military forces. State defense forces are authorized by state are under the command of the governor of each state. Not all states have State Guard organizations and they are not typically considered "military" under the industry standards. State Guards cannot be federalized (they would never fall under the Department of Defense) and are completely separate entities from the United States Armed Forces. Therefore, not eligible for this program.
You are eligible to verify as a First Responder if your occupation is any of the following:
Law Enforcement Officers
- Active Police Officers (Federal, State and Local)
- Correctional Officer (Private, for-profit correctional institutions also acceptable)
- State Trooper
- Federal Law Enforcement Officer (for example, Customs & Border Protection Officer, Air Marshal, etc.)
- Park Police & Park Rangers
- Pretrial Services Officers
- Probation & Parole Officers
- Bridge & Tunnel Officers
- Detention Officers (Private, for-profit correctional institutions also acceptable)
- Railroad Police Officers
- School Resource Officers
- Auxillary & Reserve Sheriff Deputy or Police Officers
- Animal Control Officers who are credentialed as a Law Enforcement Officer
- Fire Marshals who are certified Law Enforcement Officers
- Court Bailiffs/Court Officers (must have law enforcement credentials)
- Career Firefighter (Federal, State, and Local)
- Wild-land Firefighter/ Prescribed fire burn manager
- Volunteer Firefighter
- Fire Marshal
Emergency Medical Technicians
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Medical Helicopter Pilot
- Flight Nurse
- Police, Sheriff, Fire or EMS Dispatcher
- Fire Communications Officer
- Public Safety Telecommunicator
ID.me does not verify the following occupational titles as First Responders:
- Armed Security Guards / Officers
- CERT Team Members (Community Emergency Response Team)
- Civilian Employees (Staff, Employees, Secretaries, Administrative Assistants, etc.)
- Code Enforcement Officer
- Community Outreach Specialist/ Service Aide
- Corrections Staff (Civilian Employees)
- Crime Scene Analyst/Tech/Lab
- Department of Agriculture
- Deputy Clerk
- Doctors (Eligible under the Medical Provider affiliation)
- Doctors, Registered Nurses, or other medical professionals
- Emergency Management Teams
- Emergency Management Volunteers
- Forensic Services
- Highway Workers / Road Patrol
- Hospital Employees (Eligible under the Hospital Employee affiliation)
- Nurses (Eligible under the Nurse affiliation)
- Peace Corps
- Private Security Guards
- Private Security Officers
- Sanitation Workers
- Search and Rescue Team Members
- Ski Patrol (unless you have a current EMT License)
- Social Workers
- Transportation Security Officer for TSA
- Victims Witness Assistants
- VIPS - Volunteers in Police Service
Please be assured that security and safety of consumer information is of utmost importance to both Ford Motor Company and ID.me. You may refer to ID.me’s Security & Compliance statements for more details.
- Was a valid email address provided upon enrollment?
- Check email and SPAM folders.
- Your authorized Ford Dealer or Lincoln Retailer can also initiate a search using customer information and/or Hero Code.
- The information you entered did not match.
- The information you entered matches an identity that already exists in the ID.me system.
- The document you uploaded already exists in the ID.me system and is being flagged as a duplicate.
- Your credit/identity profile has been frozen either voluntarily or as a result of your identity being compromised.
- The information you entered was entered incorrectly.
- You have moved within the last year.
- There is erroneous information in your credit file.
Any of the situations listed above could be contributing to the reason for denial. If you are encountering issues verifying your identity, please contact ID.me. Visit https://help.id.me/hc/en-us. On this site there is a chat option, as well as 24/7/365 support for all inquiries.